Google+ Packing Up Student Room & Finishing The Second Year Of Uni. |Photographed Obsessions Skimlinks Test

Sunday 29 June 2014

Packing Up Student Room & Finishing The Second Year Of Uni.

I missed posting so many days as I had to pack up my entire student room to go home, and then unpack everything, and everything has just been crazy! So I thought that I would give you some tips on how to pack everything up to fit well into your car.

All of my housemates went home a few weeks ago and as my boyfriend lives where I go to uni I decided to stay a little longer so spend sometime with him. Because I haven't really been to my house and sorted anything out it was a mess! I had to tidy the mess and organise it, then clean the room thoroughly to make sure that I get my deposit back.

• First of I threw all the rubbish out and everything that I haven't used all year to stop myself from packing useless things.

• I then decided on how to pack, I had 3 suitcases, a huge one, a medium one, and a small one. I decided to pack all of my clothes and coats into black bin bags so they can be put in smaller spaces and because I put all of my shoes, makeup, hair stuff and jewellery into my big suitcase, which was a struggle to do up hah! I then put all of my DVDs, books, photographs and university work into the medium suitcase which it all fit perfectly. And then in all my handbags and bag packs I put all of the other bits and bobs I had in my room.

• I washed all towels and all my bedding and put them into bin bags as well.

• After packing everything, which took a good 2-3 hours I had to clean. I dusted all the surfaces and wiped them down, hoovered the floor and took off all of the blu-tac of the walls.

It all took a long time, and was quite sad as it was almost the end of an era. Looking at the difference before I tidied the room and after was crazy! I'm a really messy person so there was my stuff all of the walls and sides. I am the queen of the floordrobes!


So, I've just finished my second year of university studying Advertising and Brand Design. And I thought that I'd share with you a little bit of how my experience of the second year of university was, and the house that I lived in.

So, this year I lived with three people that I lived with in my first year, who I absolutely love! But we had 3 other people living with us as well, that I was friends with in my first year. But I hated living with the 3 new people. They were 3 boys, 3 of the messiest, untidy, dirtiest boys I have ever known, they had no respect for the house and they had no common sense, don't get me wrong, I got on with them, and I did like them, but not when it came down to the house. Tip 1: Don't live with people that are messy and untidy if you know it'll bother you! I didn't think that they would be this bad, but it got to the point that they would never do the washing up or clean at all! I had to go out and buy my own plates, cutlery, cups and pans to keep in my room. It kind of pushed me out of the group a bit as I was the one that nagged about the cleaning when the other people in my house wouldn't. Tip 2: Don't do all the nagging yourself, or don't leave one person to do the nagging, everyone that gets annoyed should make a point of saying something!  Even through all of this though, I still had a really good year! Although it has annoyed me for the past 9 months, I know that in 5-10 years time I'll look back and it won't be a big deal.

Finishing the second year of university was a bit stressful for me, as I find it extremely hard to concentrate on my work when living with 6 other people, so as most students do, I left everything to the last minute, and I found out yesterday that I did pass and I am going onto third year, which I am so happy about!! The projects this year were a lot harder than in the third year as they actually make you work hah, but I did learn a lot this year, I realised what I wanted my career to be, as in the first year I had no idea where I was going. I also had to write my dissertation proposal, which I was terrified about writing, but I've chosen a good topic -psychology, and colour pyschology of advertising and branding- so I am actually kind of excited to be writing 8,000 words(!!!!!) about that next year.

I know this is a post maybe only interesting or helpful for some of you, but I thought that it is a helpful post :) … I will be doing some more DIYs soon when I'm back and settled home properly :)
I hope that you liked this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment