Google+ DIY In A Frame. |Photographed Obsessions Skimlinks Test

Wednesday 2 July 2014

DIY In A Frame.

Hey :)

So I've been wanting to do another DIY post for ages but I just haven't had time with sorting my room out and I got a summer job as well. But here's a quick and simple one for you.

I picked up some paint colour swatches from a builders merchant the other day and I knew that I could think of quite a few things that I could do with them, and this is one of them, I'm also going to show you some more DIYs with paint swatches and I'll put them in some post throughout the week :)




For this you will need:
A frame.
Paint Swatches or coloured paper. your choice of colours.
Glue.
Scissors.


You firstly need to choose what shapes you want to use, i decided on hearts as they're cute and pretty easy to cut. I also decided to create an ombre effect with the colours, I used pink shades, blue shades and green shades. You can obviously change the shape and colours you want to do.


Because i wanted to use hearts I decided to show you an easy way to cut out hearts. Simply fold he piece in half and draw one side of the heart, cut it with the paper folded, open it and tadah you've got a heart. :)


After I cut out all of the hearts I arranged them on some paper to see how I wanted them to look, I came up with this, I then stuck all of the hearts to the paper. A tip, draw the size of the glass to keep your design in view. Then put the frame all back together, and you've got a lovely, cute home decor.



Although you can see the fold down the middle of the hearts I kind of like it as it makes it look more well put together. I really like how this looks and I do think that it can look nice anywhere with any size frame and any shapes and colours. You could do loads of bright colours and shapes of animals for a kids room, or kitchen utensils in the colour theme of your kitchen, the list is endless.

I hope that you liked this and if you decide to create it, let me know. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment